Sunday, June 14, 2009

A May Wedding ~ Harkness

I'm playing catch up right now. I have three new weddings to add and an incredible engagement shoot from yesterday that Ann and I photographed together. I’ll start with a wedding from two weeks ago where I had the honor of photographing with Erik Johnson of Scandinavian Photography of Chester, CT. Erik’s been photographing weddings for almost 20 years and doesn’t usually use a 2nd photographer, so it was really such a privilege shooting with him and getting to know him better. Erik’s bride and groom looked like they stepped out of a Dutch Renaissance painting! Seriously, check out some of Ruben’s portraits. The following are some of the photographs that I took during the course of the day.




I loved the look of concentration.

Easy does it.

The final moments before walking down the aisle. The light coming in on Megan and her bridesmaids was just gorgeous. The ceremony was at St. Mary's in New Haven.




Each wedding is so different, and it really shows up in the details.


I know couples always wish for a blue sky day for their wedding, but overcast days are just great for photography. There's an old world quality to the color, there’s more atmosphere and everything just kind of sings. The portraits and reception were at the beautiful Harkness mansion in Waterford.

Definitely a Renaissance portrait.


A distant view of Erik capturing the couple.

Along came the speedy little one.




Megan and Brad, best wishes to you both!


No comments:

Post a Comment